Texas Notary Public Advance Course – Live Webinar Event
Call us at (210)343-5007 or email us at: email@example.com learn about scheduling convenient “One on One” or group training.
This three-hour course sponsored by My San Antonio Mobile Notary, a BBB A+ Certified, veteran-owned business, is designed to educate current Texas Notaries Public, and those interested in the laws, rules, and regulations governing the Texas Notary Public.
The Texas Notary Public Advance Course will be delivered in a live webinar format.
The Texas Notary Public Advanced Course is the second part of The Texas Notary Public Training Workshop.
Recommended (not required) that you complete the Texas Notary Public Training Workshop prior to taking this course.
Those who complete the Texas Notary Public Worksho can take the Advanced Course for $130 (save $45). Courses must be purchased at the same time to receive discount.
- DISCLAIMER: Completion of these courses does not award you a Texas Notary Public Commission.
Who should take this workshop?
Current Texas Notaries Public (as a refresher), and those interested in becoming a Texas Notary Public.
Students who have completed the Texas Notary Public Workshop
Why should you attend this training?
A Texas Notary Public is personally liable for negligence or fraud in the performance of the duties of the office. The Notary Public assumes personal liability for the full extent of damages caused by a breach of his or hers’ official duty. In addition to civil liability, Texas Notaries Public may be subject to criminal prosecution and the revocation or suspension of their notary public commission by the Texas Secretary of State's office.
There are currently no requirements for any type of “Formal Training” for Texas Notaries Public. However, as you will learn in this course, Texas Gov't. Code Ann. § 406.009 gives the Texas Secretary of State the authority to reject an application, or suspend or revoke the commission of any Notary Public for "good cause". "Good Cause" includes:
- • - the failure to comply with Section 406.017;
- • - a final conviction for a violation of law concerning the regulation of the conduct of notaries public in this or another state;
- • - the imposition on the notary public of an administrative, criminal, or civil penalty for a violation of a law or rule prescribing the duties of a notary public;
This means that even though there are no requirements for formal training, a Texas Notary Public is still expected to know and more importantly follow the laws and regulations governing his or her commission.
By the way, what is not mentioned above are the monetary fines that can also be imposed if any of the laws are violated. So, not only can a Texas Notary Public loose his or her commission, the individual could be looking at some pretty hefty fines depending on the severity of the violation committed (and believe me, this does happen).
Unfortunately, the excuse “I didn’t know” does not come into play. Before you start notarizing documents, it is your responsibility to learn the rules and regulations governing your Texas Notary Public commission.
Live Webinar Trainings are held on Saturday Morning:
- Texas Notary Live Webinar Workshop (9:00 am – 12 pm) is $125
- Texas Notary Live Webinar Advance Course (9:00 am to 12:00 pm) is $175
- Purchase Workshop and Advanced Course Live Webinar bundle for $255.00 Save $45.00
- Please note if bundle is purchased The Texas Notary Public Workshop and The Texas Notary Advance Course Live Webinars will be taught on different Saturday mornings. You will need to contact us to choose your date to attend the Texas Notary Live Webinar Workshop. Call us at (210)343-5007 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.